Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making Merlin Engines

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 20:06:38 -0300, Howard Eisenhauer
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 01:00:47 -0400, lid wrote:

Too bad this line probably can't be set back up. This would make a
mean boat engine.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0b2_1310169635

What ever became of that guy that was making a 1/4 scale Merlin that
was posted about on RCM some years back?
Dave

The RCMP used to have 50' coastal patrol boats with twin Merlins,
those puppies wouls MOVE. They had even faster speedboats that fit
into the back of the patrol boats, they'd kick'em loose at full speed.
Must have been a Fun Ride .

I'll bet. Here on our Rogue River, the jet boats have triple Chevy
454s. They're definitely a hoot, especially when they get up to speed,
whip the wheel, and we spin around fast enough to get hit by the
rooster tail it threw up. It's best on 90F+ days.

These are big, 50-person cattle boats, but they _m o v e_!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-zIqeJx28 The older, smaller ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIxCGgYvTT4

--
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles