Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

I agree and, as I said, it's easier for the prosecution to make a case if
the ammunition used was marketed as a mutilating round instead of a
"safety" bullet.

All it would take is big color photos of wounds caused by such ammo to
convince the jury that the "safety" label was nonsense.

I urge you to refrain from commenting on matters of detail of which you
know little. Glasers are NOT hollow-point bullets.

They're de facto hollow-points filled with birdshot.

As such, they are NOT banned for use in warfare and, in fact, ARE used in
some military operations (i.e., SEAL team type operations).

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita.../frangible.htm

"Frangible rounds are available in a wide array of pistol calibers, but due
to the inherently high velocities of rifle rounds, frangible ammunition is
much less effective in rifles. It is only produced in 5.56mm NATO and 7.62mm
NATO, and its performance in actual combat is dubious. There are two
frangible rounds that have been approved for training purposes only. One is
a 9mm, and the other a 5.56. Approval for operational use will depend on the
special mission requirements (the military necessity) for the round."

In addition, and you'll no doubt support this, they are LEAD FREE, thereby
saving the children.

If only the dangers of infants eating lead paint chips had been better known
when you were a child....