Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2159 Ignoramus2159 is offline

Default Anyone knows a website where I can buy grill components

On 2011-07-09, Steve W. wrote:
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"Steve W." fired this volley in news:PBLRp.36847
:

That is possible. Just keep in mind that you won't be able to use the
grill below the pig while roasting a pig.
The heat requirements are different.
For the pig you want a nice steady temp around 200-250 degrees for
between 6 - 12 hours (depends on the size of the pig, you keep roasting
till you hit an internal temp of 160-165 in the ham)

All of what he said, and this:

My grill/cooker isn't quite as fancy as his, but I rigged up a slow-
cooker from an 80-gallon air tank. I cut it down to a 50-gal. "cooker",
and a 30-gal. "fire box". The heat from the wood fire is commuted up
into the cooker with a flame tube that has perforations only on the
bottom, and crosses the entire width of the cooker tank. The fire tank
is below the cooker tank, unlike some designs that put it off to one end.

As an adjunct, I added racks on which I can place charcoal pans for
grilling in the same cooking tank, on the same grill, and I added a small
propane burner (and thermostat) at one end for those long, slow roasting
operations where after about four hours of smoking, you still have 20
hours of slow-cooking left. (I cook a lot of brisket, and it's an 18-24
hour process, unlike pork which can be cooked in 6-8 hours to
perfection).

So, yes; you can grill and roast in the same vessel, but it's hard to do
both at the same time.

LLoyd

Brisket is a fun item to deal with.
Cook it too fast and you can re-sole your shoes with the result !
Get it right and it will fall apart so fast that just keeping it on the
fork can be a chore...

I do brisket in a smoker as well. Mine is the fire box to one side style
though. That one is smaller than the pig pit.

Got any good rub blends???

I love brisket, too.