Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Dealing with height on ladders.

When selecting a roof ladder, I went for a fairly long one (7.6m
extended) on the grounds that it would be more versatile - however the
down side is that its also heavier at about 20kg and requires a fair
bit of effort to pull up and get into place on a roof while standing
at the top of a ladder. (20kg may not sound like much - but its
plenty to be titting about with on a ladder!)

Thanks: I think you have alerted me to need to buy new ladders. My 2x17
rung push-up double ladder must be about the same size as yours but
weighs around 35kg with roof hooks bolted on. It's all I can do to
shift it let alone tilt it

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com