Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Screw that. You want a crowd-killing revolver? Get a Taurus Judge.
Shoots .410 shotgun and .45 long Colt ammunition. Load three of each
and you're the meanest SOB in the valley.

That would be a good trick considering the Judge only holds five
rounds.

You're correct. My mistake. I was thinking of the appellate division model.

Why go with a five-shot revolver when you could get an eight-shot
.357 like a Taurus 608? Just as much muzzle energy (depending on the
cartridge) and three more shots. Or are you under the impression
that burglars are susceptible to the sheer scariness of some handguns
and will flee when confronted by someone holding handgun A while
handgun B will inspire them to attack?

Couple of reasons: First, the Judge can fire .410 shotgun ammo. You are
almost guaranteed a hit in a darkened hallway - maybe only a sting, but the
damage to the squint goes from a twitch to death.

Second, one purpose of a firearm is intimidation. That's why police agencies
abandoned flap holsters many years ago; the mere sight of a pistol has a
calming effect on most slopes. While not a BIG intimidating factor, the
bigger the weapon the more sobering effect on the stink-eye.