Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Energy Saving Gadgets

"Robin" wrote in message
A not very effective advertising campaign? (First ever posts to Usenet by
this email address. Same puffy wording in posts elsewhere.) If this is
part of a course at City of Glasgow College I think you need to work harder

The description of the product is also IMHO close to misleading when it
states "one button wirelessly switches ON or OFF appliances in a room or
around your entire home." Possibly true but does not make clear extra
sockets would need to be bought, that it will only control 12 sockets,
and - for the rich folk with big houses - the range is 20m (and I wonder
if that's delivered through stone).

Why would it need to travel through stone?

What possible reason could you have for wanting to turn off appliances in
room A if you leave room B?

tim