Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I bought a used Cameron mini drill press today

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 00:44:38 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

On 2011-07-05, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

It is in good shape, but it's missing the hub and three handles, and the
chuck key. The price was right, though.

This looks like it, but there is no model number on the drill:

http://watchmaking.weebly.com/cameron-164-a.html

These are the missing parts:

http://watchmaking.weebly.com/upload...07623_orig.jpg
http://watchmaking.weebly.com/upload...ig.jpg?199x324

I also bought 4, 3' 5/8" drill rods for $3.51 each, at a liquidator
that's going out of business.

I bought what looks like another precision drill, or mini milling
machine. I haven't been able to identify it, but the price was right.

Cameron wants $64.75 for the four parts.

What about just for the hub and the special spoke? (If you had
a lathe, you could even make the special -- and it would not need to be
a particularly large lathe. Even a Taig or Sherline could do it nicely.
The big trick would be making the hub with the hole at the proper angle.

1 MD109-7 SPOKED FEED WHEEL HUB 23.50 23.50
2 MD110-7 FEED WHEEL LEVER, THREADED 10.75 21.50
1 MD111-7 FEED WHEEL LEVER, GROOVED 10.75 10.75
Shipping estimate: 9.00

I can't even find someone with a small lathe, around here. I've asked
around for almost 10 years with no luck.

You...dont have a lathe? How big a lathe would meet your needs?

It would have to be small, to get it into the shop instead of the
garage. Most of what I need to turn is fairly small, but the little
7"*10" might be too small.

I see that Lee vally has the Taig for $269, less the motor. I have a
treadmill motor that should be big enough, but it is only 4.5"*9.75"