Wes Stewart

Default New Gen Int. 50-185 table saw (long post)

On 18 Feb 2004 08:32:24 -0800, (Randy) wrote:

[snip]
|If I had $1900 plus to kick down for one of
|there (sic) sweet cabinet saws, life would be great.

I'm shopping for a cabinet saw. I *could* affort the $$ for a General
but...

I emailed General asking for specific differences between General and
GI saws. I got an response that consisted of an article in some trade
newsletter that stated that General was made in Canada and GI was made
somewhere else. I knew that. Non answer.

General lists a distributor here in Arizona. The distributor's web
site doesn't list General as a product line. I emailed them asking
whether they did or did not handle General. I suspect that they do
because they didn't answer. No answer.

I emailed Wilke asking whether they could supply a General in a
particular configuration. I know that they handle General because
they didn't answer either. No answer.

Sco

Non answer + no answer + no answer = NO SALE.

General ought to get some tips from Lee Valley on how to treat
(potential) customers.