Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Protecting the public is a laudable goal. As I recall, however, the EPA
requires testing for arsenic and other things deemed nasty on a fairly
regular basis by virtually every water distribution system. One problem is
that the test is not cheap and this cost is imposed on systems that have
never had a detectable amount of arsenic (and other nasties) in their
water. A small system, say serving 250 customers, will be hard-pressed to
devote several thousand dollars a year looking for something that has
never existed.

Should a restaurant that only serves a few hundred customers be exempt from
food safety laws?

However I'd be in favor of such a system being allowed to test less often if
it can document the lack of such substances in the past, say every five
years.

Still, it's for the children and that condition trumps all other

considerations.

Bumper stickers belong on your car, not in your brain.