Mike in Idaho

Default jointer as planer

I agree with Toller, trying to plane with a jointer is a mess. I had a
bunch of scrap maple that I wanted to glue up and make my workbench top out
of. It was a complete disaster. Not a single parallel piece in the group
(tons of boards -- it was from flooring). I'm tossing the pieces and going
to buy the wood (~$45 anyway) instead. Oh, and I have a planer now and
can't believe I tried to get along without it. (i.e. you know what you
"need" to do

Mike

"Michael Press" wrote in message

At the risk of getting flamed, I want to find out if anyone is using a
jointer for thickness planing

[snip]