Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wood screws

Bill wrote in :

J. Clarke wrote:
In , says...

Today I noticed that my 3/4" schedule 40 black pipe (4' nipple) fit
my conduit bender. At least it seems to fit. With some steel rods
and maybe a bolt through the pipe, I could maybe rig it to hold a
screwdriver on the other end. With suitable plumbing, should be able
to add a handle for enormous leverage.

Leverage isn't the issue.

YES, the screws are STUCK! Friction is at work...gotta overcome that.

Just use the proper size socket and driver bit. I think it's 1/4", but
I'm never sure with all the "almost exactly but nowhere close"
measurements they've got. Put your pipe on the socket wrench and see if
you can keep the bit on the screw. (I can't.)

Btw, loosening stuck things can go from no movement to extreme movement
very quickly. Stay out of the damage path.

Puckdropper