Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Only an idiot can't See Sarah Palin as a Loser....

On Jul 8, 8:19Â*am, jim "sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net wrote:

In English I think support indicates more than merely voting for a
candidate. Â*Support to me means actually doing something to help a
candidate.

You seem to be implying that what the voter does in
the voting booth Â*literally doesn't count for anything

Could be true I suppose

No. I am saying that I think support means doing something to help a
candidate campaign. Voting in important, but someone who votes but
does nothing else to help a candidate is not someone I would call one
of the candidates supporters.

First definition found on the internet. Look at number 3. " over a
period of time. "

"sup·port [ sə páwrt ]

1. keep something or somebody stable: to keep something or somebody
upright or in place, or prevent something or somebody from falling
2. bear weight: to be strong enough to hold a particular object or
weight in place without breaking or giving way
3. sustain somebody financially: to provide somebody with money and
the other necessities of life over a period of time"

Dan