Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew May Andrew May is offline

Default Energy Saving Gadgets

On 08/07/2011 11:06, Steven Smith wrote:
Hi,

I'm a bit of a gadget freak, and over the last couple of years have
become interested in Energy Saving gadgets. I just bought a TreeGreen
energy egg from Tesco, and it's probably the best one I have bought
so far.

Does anyone else have or can anyone suggest other effective energy
saving gadgets?

I must admit I am having difficulties thinking what electrical products
this would work with.

A table lamp maybe.

A computer, most definitely not. I want my computer shut down and not
have the power whisked from under it. Besides I often leave the room
while it is downloading the latest Linux distribution or other large
file and would like to leave it to it.

Television, similarly not. If I leave the room to make a cup of tea
during the adverts then I want it still on when I get back.

Kitchen appliances, nope. If I set the toaster running I want it to
finish what it is doing and popup when it has finished whether I am in
the kitchen or not. Ditto the kettle.

So, what could I use it for?