mttt

Default Stupid newbie question on Routers

"Childfree Scott" wrote in message
om...

How do I use it? Pictures or a video clip would be nice.

See patwarner.com. I have a couple of his videos. They're great.
Did it come with a manual?

I mean I know what you can do with a router, but it's not obvious from
looking at it exactly how it works. And should I have gotten a plunge
router instead?

Depends. Trim routers are *usually* used for flush trimming things like
laminate counter tops. Their small size makes them easy to handle, but they
often lack the power to do major wood-hogging-out things.

The onlt thing I can think of at the moment that I really want to do
with it is rouer out a little bit of wood on my cabinet hinges because
my new cabinet hinges leave an air gap slightly larger than the old
ones did.

Probably a good use for a trim router. Practice on some scrap first.
Remember you really can put wood *back* if you grind it away. I'd suspect
that most others would take a chisel to this task.