Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default $1,200 to Epoxy a Single Car Garage Floor?

On 2011-07-08, Robert wrote:

Doesn't sound outrageous to me.

Curious. Sounds totally insane to me.

What the fsck are you gonna do on this garage floor? Eat dinner off
it, sans tableware? It's a freakin' garage floor, ferchrysakes!

Fer ppl this braindead, YES! ...have the garage floor epoxied. Have
it chromed! Have it glassed! Better yet, have it jammed up yer ass!

It would be ever so special if you could post a list of what people
are allowed to spend money on, and how much it should cost. Wot a
maroon.

My brother is a total motor head. He spends more time in the garage
than he does inside the house. First thing he did when he bought his
new house was to spend a lot of money to get the garage floor
epoxied. To me it's a big expense that I'd question if I really
needed, to him it's a necessity and worth the money to do it right.
BTW he's a contractor, and a damned good one, and he choose to hire
someone to do it because he knows what's involved to do it right.

I'm of a mixed mind about epoxy garage floors. They sure are pretty, and
make cleanup a lot easier, and if I was a rich man building new, I'd
probably go for it. But I'm not rich and never will be, and have seen
first-hand many failed epoxy surfaces on old concrete. Nor am I a
gearhead (not since my teens at least), so I don't do any significant
wrenching any more, and don't hang out in the garage other than when I
have to. That puts a fancy floor way down on my list of things to throw
money at. But I'm not gonna slam anyone who does- different strokes, etc.

--
aem sends...