Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default $1,200 to Epoxy a Single Car Garage Floor?

DerbyDad03 wrote:

It's the first estimate my friend got and he's wondering if this guy is
even in the ballpark.

Doesn't sound outrageous to me. If it's a good two part epoxy, with two coats
put down, including the side foundation up to drywall, in a standard residential
garage, you are looking at over $200 just for materials alone. Porportionately
less for fewer stalls.

Second, as with most paint work, prep is 80% of the job. Removing oil spills and
acid etching the floor takes a lot of effort, so labor won't be cheap.

Folks had an acryllic coating put down in their two car garage. Looks similar to
epoxy, but slightly thicker and fills in any dimples or small cracks. Was around
$2000 as I recall.