BigWallop

Default Drain cock

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 21:25:04 -0000, "Ed Rear"
wrote:

Thanks for all your help guys, but I still have to drain down before I

can
fit a new cock! Looks like I'll have to put plenty of rags on the floor

and
take out the plug, then block it with my finger till it has drained. Just
hope the plug comes out quickly!

Ed

It isn't a bad idea to put a jubilee clip around the hose and to
secure it before opening said cock. Sometimes water can escape from
the hose end depending on the type.

Then as you say, it's rags. If there is anything wooden or textile
nearby like a carpet, put some plastic sheet over it. The water
will stain if there is any iron compound in it and usuallyu there will
be

.andy

And try to take the whole body of the drain cock out and pop your thumb in
the top hole to bung it up and stop the leaks. Sorry Ed, forgot about the
most important bit. :-))