Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

"Don Klipstein" wrote in message ...

There is still an issue: Which specific toxic or politically-incorrect
chemicals were tested for *quantatively* both before and after, and which
ones were only tested for to that extent after?

Interesting that you should use the word quantitative given that this law in
Texas apparently doesn't require companies to say how much of which
chemicals they are using, in addition to allowing them to withhold info on
chemicals they consider proprietary.

I don't like American businessmen being cowboys free to play with all
kinds of big guns and screw whoever. I don't want them to be free to lie
and cheat, and to lie about their products and their polluting activities.

What are you, some kind of commie?

On the other hand, I see a big problem with chemophobia in USA. For
hypothetical example, "I just had my wellwater tested for arsenic and
benzene for the first time, done so a year after the frackers moved in 20
miles north of me. Results were 3 parts per trillion of arsenic and 1
part per trillion of benzene. THESE ARE TOXIC CHEMICALS REQUIRING ZERO
TOLERANCE!"

I hope you get my points.

Your points would be more convincing if they were factually correct, as even
public water systems are allowed ten parts per billion for arsenic and five
parts per billion for benzene.

http://water.epa.gov/lawsregs/rulesr...enic/index.cfm

"EPA has set the arsenic standard for drinking water at .010 parts per
million (10 parts per billion) to protect consumers served by public water
systems from the effects of long-term, chronic exposure to arsenic."

http://water.epa.gov/drink/contamina...on/benzene.cfm

"The MCLG for benzene is zero. EPA has set this level of protection based on
the best available science to prevent potential health problems. EPA has set
an enforceable regulation for benzene, called a maximum contaminant level
(MCL), at 0.005 mg/L or 5 ppb."