Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Lawn sprinkler system? ? ?

"Ray" wrote in message
We have a shrub-free lawn about 60 feet wide, 15 feet deep, divided by a
walkway.

I'd like to get a SIMPLE sprinkler system to help avoid dragging hoses all
over the yard. I don't want some system that measures rainfall and
automatically turns on and off -- just something that I can turn on at two
locations and do the job -- then turn it off. I would think that two jets
on each side of the walkway would do the job.

It seems to me that this should be a fairly easy job that I could do
myself.

Am I right? Where would I go to get the materials?

You can get as complicated or as simple as you want.

Complicated: Find and dig up your water supply line. Dig a trench from
there over to where you want the manifold. Dig other trenches from where
manifold is going out to the heads. Run electrical control line to where
electrical control will be. You can then run it on auto, or manual.

Easy: Use battery operated clocks. It sounds like you have a
straightforward application, and this would minimize digging and all the
falderal of manifold/controller/actuator valves. The downside to the
battery devices is that they will freeze, and will need regular battery
checks.

OR just run a couple of lines to the sprayers from a water line, and use
manual valves to turn on and off. Simple, but not a good idea if you are
forgetful...........

DAMHIKT

Steve

Heart surgery pending?