Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Search warrants for code violations?

Steve B wrote:

Search warrants NEVER applied to the Border Patrol. The TSA operates
entirely on "voluntary" searches for which no warrant is needed.

Voluntary, as in, "Sir, you have two choices. I can search you, then
you can get on the plane. You can refuse to be searched, and you
will not get on the plane. Which is your voluntary choice?"

Well, yeah. You explicitly possess all manner of constitutional rights. You
also have an implicit right, as one judge put it, "... to waive all those
rights and take your punishment like a man!"

Aside:
The judge was only partly correct. In my state, a criminal defendant may
wave any or all constitutional rights except one: The right to a jury trial
in a capital case.