Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_2_] chaniarts[_2_] is offline

Default How hard is it to add a small corner seat to an existing shower stall?

Jennifer Murphy wrote:
I'd like to put a small seat somewhere in our shower. Is this
something I might be able to do myself or should I hire a contractor?

I'm thinking of something that I can just screw or glue onto the
existing shower. I don't want to remove any tiles and build it in. Is
that possible or reasonable?

The shower has 4x4 tiles over sheetrock.

Here are a couple of examples I found.

http://www.johnbridge.com/how-to/shower-seat/

http://tinyurl.com/5vbg3rk

It doesn't need to be as fancy as either of those.

having built a few of these, i can say it's a LOT easier to build if you
have new construction. you'd have to demo parts of the walls, build it, then
ensure it doesn't leak by rebuilding the walls and floor correctly. it'd be
a lot easier to just make/buy a wooden bench.