Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Search warrants for code violations?

HeyBub posted for all of us...

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I don't think we are against code enforcement, but warrant issued for
suspicion can easily be abused. I think the codes are good, but I
don't want some inspector getting suspicious and obtaining a warrant
because my lawn seems too long so he suspects faulty wiring.

Even the FBI can't get a warrant based on "suspicion."

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,
and no Warrants shall issue, but upon PROBABLE CAUSE, supported by oath or
affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched or things
to be seized."

The above does not apply to the TSA or the Border Patrol.

Not since the "Patriot Act"

--
Tekkie