Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Search warrants for code violations?

Robert Green posted for all of us...

On 2011-07-03, HeyBub wrote:
"[VIRGINIA] The City of Lynchburg is trying to give the planning

commission
(building permits, code enforcement, etc.) the ability to issue search
warrants if they suspect "code" violations."

Huh?

http://redstatevirginia.com/2011/07/...ate-lynchburg/

Glad to hear the baggers are doing something constructive, not jes
flapping their overwrought collective gums. I hope they prevail in
this case.

Couldn't be a better proof of the saying "The price of liberty is eternal
vigilance." Look for more stupidity like this as bankrupt local governments
seek to "fee us to death."

Soon they'll be swabbing your dog's mouth to find pooper scooper violators:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/02/us...ef=todayspaper

Canine DNA is now being used to identify the culprits who fail to clean up
after their pets, an offense that Deborah Violette, for one, is committed to
eradicating at the apartment complex she manages.

Everyone who owns a dog in her complex, Timberwood Commons in Lebanon, N.H.,
must submit a sample of its DNA, taken by rubbing a cotton swab around
inside the animal's mouth.

The swab is sent to BioPet Vet Lab, a Knoxville, Tenn., company that enters
it into a worldwide database. If Ms. Violette finds an unscooped pile, she
can take a sample, mail it to Knoxville and use a DNA match to identify the
offending owner.

What's NH's state motto? Leave free or die? I guess it's dying time.

I'm afraid the Constitution means nothing.

I wonder if this will evolve to the "inspectors" writing their own "search
warrants"? Like the Patriot Act did to Federal agencies...

--
Tekkie