Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Correction, Was: Kitchen faucet sprayer sticks

On 07/07/11 02:16 pm, I wrote:

This Moen kitchen faucet was just installed a few months ago. I opted
for the spray attachment which I find handy. However, recently it
"sticks" - i.e., fails to shut off, so no water from main faucet.

I took it partially apart -- unscrewed the spray head, removed&
replaced the spray button cover, but no change.

Then I banged the spray button cover gently, but no change.

Then I opened the water wide, thinking a jolt might unstick whatever
was causing problem, but no change.

Then I noticed that with water wide open, the spray diverter? if
that's the responsible element? closed by itself after a few minutes,
and water came out of the faucet again.

I don't want to go through this every time I use the sprayer.

Any clues why this is happening and what to do about it?

(I'm not going back to where I bought it; I no longer do business with
them.)

Moen advertises a lifetime warranty. Call them. They us sent a
replacement cartridge and a replacement spray head for the faucet we had
bought 6 or 7 years before and of whose purchase we had no proof -- but
I could tell them the approximate date of purchase and the store from
which we had bought it.

Now that I think again, ISTR filling out a form on line, and Moen called me.

And many years ago, when trying to fix a Moen faucet for my in-laws and
looking for a part at HD, they told me, "Just bring the old part in and
we'll replace it free. Never mind where you bought it."

Perce