Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D D is offline

Default Means of dropping watch battery voltage by .2 Volts

On 7/7/2011 2:13 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
Both myself and Gareth are from the right side, and it seems to me that
you might have fallen into the usenet 'language trap', and are taking
the word "crap" to have an entirely different level of meaning...
Stop being so sensitive, and accept the remark for what it was. A simple
throw-away bit of leftpondian humour. Not a pop at you specifically, or
your hobby.

Arfa

More what I found troubling and what I was attempting to correct was the
ignorance regarding the significance of these timepieces, and the very
impressive technical achievement they represent, things which users of a
NG such as this one should find interesting. In terms of the "crap"
reference, you may be right about how the word is perceived in different
cultures, but if you and your friend made a bad choice of words, why is
it *ME* (and at least one other poster who also commented on the word)
who have "fallen into the usenet language trap". Perhaps you should
stop being so INsensitive.

Dan