Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D D is offline

Default Means of dropping watch battery voltage by .2 Volts

On 7/7/2011 9:06 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:

No one could have predicted that mercury button cells would be pulled
from the market. The more so because mercury laden twisty bulbs are
becoming all but mandatory.

That irony struck me as well. Not that I think any source of toxins
should be overlooked, or improperly dealt with, but some perspective
might be in order. I do think that in addition to being deposited in
landfills, there was concern about kids swallowing the cells. Something
only the most hardy are apt to do with compact fluorescents ;-)