Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Briggs and Stratton Engine Problem

On 7/6/2011 10:50 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 20:19:14 -0500, wrote:

On 7/6/2011 8:14 PM,
wrote: ...

Farm gas, by chance??? MOST is "ethanol free"

Nope, even Equity is E10; no local distributor has anything w/o at
least E10

So far in the USA it is either max E10 oe E85 by law. E15 cannot YET
be sold . EPA law.

As of last October, E15 waiver was granted by EPA for 2007 and newer
vehicles; not for prior to 2000 model years and those in between are
still in limbo. Release EPA420-F-10-054, October 2010

EPA promulgates regulations; underlying laws are enacted by the Congress...

The point was that all distributors locally have gone to ethanol blends
so there is no local supply of 100% gasoline any longer which was the
answer to your previous supposition.

My difficulty in the problems other folks keep raising that I've talked
about in the overall thread is that I've never seen such kinds of carb
problems in 50 years and a wide variety of vehicles nor was I aware that
dad or grandfather ever had such kinds of issues before I took over
maintenance duties myself and that covers a long period of time before
there was any ethanol at all in US gasoline and the period of
tetra-ethyl lead as well.

I still don't grok why there's this apparent dichotomy of experience and
find it most curious and puzzling.