Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default Toolmaking??? What next!

On Jul 6, 10:48*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 21:15:23 -0500, jim
wrote:

Phil Kangas wrote:

I never thought I'd see the day when something
like this could be done! Amazing, to me anyway...
phil k.

http://www.wimp.com/functionaltools/

I think they are overstating the strength of material

With the Zcorp process, that wrench would be about as strong as if it
were made of wood. And that is the strongest and most expensive
material. The typical Zcorp printed material is similar to styrofoam.

They do have another process that will print out sand molds that are
then filled with molten metal to make metal castings. But then there
would be some machining before you had a finished wrench

-jim

and its gonna be *pain in the ass keeping the media in that open
topped box under zero g

Be a hell of a mess, eh wot?

*Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
*wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
*something damned nasty to all three of them.

I'm thinking mild suction. The Cad pattern wasn't taken from the
wrench shown.
Karl