Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D D is offline

Default Means of dropping watch battery voltage by .2 Volts

On 7/6/2011 6:27 PM, Arfa Daily wrote:
elegant' in its concept, that does not make it necessarily 'good', and
by today's standards, a design that purports to be an extremely accurate
timepiece, but which runs at an incorrect speed when the batteries are
replaced, probably legitimately counts as being 'crap'.

Arfa

What was I thinking, valuing this gorgeous piece of
electronic/mechanical/engineering/jewelery-art, when I could just go to
Walmart and buy a plastic POS which will be more accurate?

I wonder why NASA didn't just do that, back in 1958???

And while we're discussing it, who are those fools who will fork over 6
figures+ for certain cars from the '20's & '30's, when a 2011 Kia
Something-Or-Other has a higher top speed and better gas mileage?

I have a "disposable" plastic POS I wear while biking, etc. It has its
place, and I'm glad to have it. But judging a 50 year old wris****ch
which was at the cutting edge of its discipline when it was made by the
TECHNICAL standards of today is pretty myopic, and misses the point
entirely.

Dan