Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Means of dropping watch battery voltage by .2 Volts

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
"Phil Allison" wrote in message

But do you know [whether] any voltage drop is really NEEDED?

Gee, Phil, I thought you were omniscient.

Though you'd think the mechanical nature of the Accutron's timekeeping
process would remove any interaction with the electronics, it's not so.

The user manual specifically states that the watch runs a bit fast with
new
cells, until their initially slightly high voltage "settles in" to its
nominal value. Therefore, an Accutron will run fast with modern cells.

What a crap design then.

How old are you?

The Accutron was designed 50 years ago. It uses a discrete circuit, which
seemed rather marvelously miniature at the time. And the Accutron was the
first wris****ch accurate to a minute a month -- quite an achievement for
"crap" design.

But apparently not when you stick new batteries in, which I think is the
"crap" characteristic that Gareth was alluding to ...

Arfa