Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D D is offline

Default Means of dropping watch battery voltage by .2 Volts

On 7/6/2011 3:28 PM, Meat Plow wrote:

I own a solid gold 1965 Accutron. My jeweler has a device he lays the
watch on, it listens to the mechanism and tells you how much the movement
is off time. He was able to adjust mine down all the way to about 30
seconds a month fast. I have no suggestion other than his suggestion that
there may be a retro-fit tuning fork out these somewhere. This was around
2004.

Do some research, you may be able to find a fix. I wouldn't screw with it
myself, that stuff is awful delicate.

Thanks MP. I've worked on a lot of watches, so that part doesn't
trouble me, I just want to find the ideal way of dropping the voltage.
It is possible to adjust the action of the tuning fork, which sounds
like what your jeweler did.