Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Quality Rubber Belts Source

On Jul 6, 4:28*am, wrote:
Hi,

* * I have an Aiwa Z-L500 stereo in my living room that I had
worked on more than once for the same problem, replacing the rubber belts
on the cassette units. * The last time I replaced those belts, *the problem
came back in less than two years.

* *Note: *I have been doing service work for years.

* * *I am willing to pay much more for quality rubber belts, but I don't know
a source. *Do you know a source for quality belts?

* * * * * Thank You in Advance, *John

PS, *Remove "ine" from my email address

Check to make certain the unit is not subjected to ozone from an
electrostatic air cleaner. That takes out belts in months.

Also, a 'cleaning' environment where exposed bleach is used. The
chlorine gas...