Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bolted[_3_] Bolted[_3_] is offline

Default Aldi Specials

On Jul 6, 1:26*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
* *Bolted wrote:

After all the hype on here, I succumbed to some Aldi diamond disks.
They are crap. *I spent hours hacking away at some concrete with a
(then new) big grinder, which I then replaced with a decent Marcrist
blade. *Cutting was at least 10 times as quick. *Probably a bit
cheaper per amount cut going the Aldi route, but life really is much
too short especially with all that noise and dust around.
I don't use Aldi much, but Lidl refund your money without question
provided you have the receipt.

They work, so I would not feel justified in asking for my money back.
It's just that they just work about as well as their price implies,
rather than being a bargain with equivalent performance to something
which costs more. I'd rather pay more (even if it is quite a lot more)
for something better and in particular much more quick cutting.

I'd guess there are grades of diamond discs for various cutting jobs. Are
you sure they are the correct ones for the task you're using them for?

Yes - hard materials. They are just crap compared to a proper trade
quality blade.