Simon Avery

Default I nearly bought that house!!!

"robgraham" wrote:

Hello robgraham

were watching last night I said to SWMBO that it looked
like that house we looked at, so today on my travels I
went to look and there it was gone, plot of land
surrounded by a metal safety fence. Thank goodness the
vendors didn't say "Meet us halfway and it's yours"

Missed it. Put off by tacky advertising.

r| It's interesting to speculate whether a surveyor would have
r| spotted anything when you came to take out a mortgage
r| (assuming you wanted a mortgage). Would you have employed a
r| surveyor anyway?

Surely the current owners must have employed a surveyor who presumably
missed all of it? Unless they were cash buyers.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/