Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Quality Rubber Belts Source

wrote in message
Hi,

I have an Aiwa Z-L500 stereo in my living room that I had
worked on more than once for the same problem, replacing the rubber belts
on the cassette units. The last time I replaced those belts, the

problem
came back in less than two years.

Note: I have been doing service work for years.

I am willing to pay much more for quality rubber belts, but I don't

know
a source. Do you know a source for quality belts?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Replacement ones are likely contemporary with the machines so equally
perished. Make your own from bike/motorcycle/car tyre inner tube or silicone
kitchen bake ware and a "bean slicer" if too thick. Maybe purple or orange
and you have to allow for more stretch if silicone rubber but who will be
looking in there