Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default blue hue

"gecko" wrote in message

Thank you William for your generous offer. I won't take you up on it

right
now because, I think there was a level of truth in your previous post. I
thought I had the basics in principles (although no more than that), but
having taken the back off I think maybe I don't. I don't wish to occupy
your valuable time. It is generous enough that you would all help me this
way.

My whole life is valueless. Spending an hour with you Saturday morning is no
big deal.

I may have a further inspection and if I feel I can find my way around the
set maybe I could take advantage of some more pointers at that time?

Call me when you're ready.

Perhaps I could ask for a little clarification though: I am happy with the
concept of setting an overall black level, and then tweaking the Red and
Green as offsets from that.

Error. Error. Error. You do not set an overall black level, per se. You turn
the Brightness control down (almost) all the way, THEN adjust R, G, and B
until the beams just cut off.

Look on the back (or inside) for a Service switch. When you find it, try
moving it.