Posted to rec.woodworking,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Rob[_28_] Rob[_28_] is offline

Default Sealing the lids on paint tins

On 6/07/2011 8:42 PM, John Williamson wrote:
Rob wrote:
On 6/07/2011 3:35 PM, John Williamson wrote:
Rob wrote:
On 6/07/2011 1:58 AM, Paul Giverin wrote:
In message , Mrcheerful
writes

so what is actually needed (dragon's den here I come) is a paint tin
that
can be made shorter, perhaps collapsible corrugations ?

I've got a few concertina bottles in my darkroom for storing film
developer.
http://www.silverprint.co.uk/media/stock/000009EC.JPG

They will collapse from 1 litre down to about 1/2 litre. Works fine
with
fluid but I'm not sure about gloss paint. Can you imagine trying to
whack the lid on an concertining paint container ;-)

Darkroom - that's on the desktop nowdays.

Ah, now, I'm hoping to move within the next few weeks. The place I
intend moving to has a large, windowless area just the right size for an
enlarger and the associated bits, and I do enjoy messing about with
proper B&W film. Much more satisfying than manipulating bits, IMO.

But will it take a 8"x10" enlarger?

Possibly not, but I don't use bigger than 120 rollfilm, anyway.

I changed in 2003 (shot my last film), my enlargers(2) are still in
the darkroom with a wet bench, colour processor and film processor.

I haven't looked back, better for my health not breathing or touching
chemicals.

I can digitize old film formats, manipulate to any film texture and
print to 24" wide on the Epson printer.

But I'm thinking of resurrecting my 120 panoramic cameras and the E6
processor. i don't like the feel of digital images.

Another excellent reason. Which reminds me...
Takes down Cibachrome print of a windmill in silhouette, and carefully
packs it away for the move later today

I know for a fact that the detail inside the silhouette couldn't
possibly be reproduce on *any* digital printout. Black on darker black,
it is, and *very* subtle.

Well yes they can now - my printer has 4 blacks, three are used at
anyone time, which enable you to reproduce a very good grey scale.(Epson
7900 11 inks) unlike the others that mix colours to imitate black. I
think that the blacks would show better detail than the Ciba, which I
found too contrasty.