Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Aldi Specials

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 10:41:00 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
PeterC wrote:
The caliper is the best tool I've bought recently. No more looking for the
+3 specs to read a vernier scale, so I use it a lot more.
The cell doesn't last all that long so I've just had half a dozen from
7DayShop so that I don't run out at a crucial moment.

That sounds like poor design. I've had a digital one for ages (not Lidl or
Aldi) which gets heavy use and I've yet to change the battery. Although I
do usually remember to switch it off after use.

Some of the cheapies only blank the display when they 'shut down' A
few go a bit further and put the processor into sleep mode.