Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Aldi Specials

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 19:33:02 +0100, george [dicegeorge] wrote:

xxx
Their digi calipers on the other hand are a fine bargain, so that
isn't to dismiss all of it.

The caliper is the best tool I've bought recently. No more looking for the
+3 specs to read a vernier scale, so I use it a lot more.
The cell doesn't last all that long so I've just had half a dozen from
7DayShop so that I don't run out at a crucial moment.

someone here said its a fault with the box,
you need to cut some foam away
then it wont turn the thing on in the box
(or something like that)
[g]

Interesting. I've never noticed it on when opening the box, but it does have
auto-off.
I'll trim a bit of foam away to see if it makes any difference.

BTW, by "doesn't last all that long" I mean several months and perhaps used
about 30 - 40 times, but nowadays displays shouldn't drain a cell in that
time.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away