Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rough estimate on overall cost of 100 sq ft shed versus having one delivered

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 23:45:51 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
mmendozabn wrote:

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 10:19:33 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

so about $1600 in circa 1990 prices.

I think I'll budget about $2K in costs.

Does that sound about right?

I'll be going wherever you guys go to get lumber. Home Depot? Lowes? OSH?

I dunno how much inflation has affected lumber. 20 years ago I bought
the lumber at, uh, a lumber yard. Do those still exist in your area?

I would encourage you to start with a *complete* plan. For example,
don't just build the walls assuming that once they're up you'll figure
out the roof. Likewise with windows, doors, electricity and lighting if
you're putting those in, etc. DAMHIK.

Learn Sketchup and design the thing down to the cut, if need be. I use it for
almost everything.

http://sketchup.google.com/

So if you have the plan, you can readily price the materials list from
your chair.