Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Magic tool

RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 5, 7:43 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the
scraper blade for a reciprocating saw.

You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns
into a power scraper. In my case, it was just the thing for removing
stick-on tile that had a VERY aggressive glue.

You can even sharpen the blade with a grinder or file as needed.

The only downside is the occasional kick-back.

Blades are available at the box stores for less than ten bucks.

Back up there a second, hoss. Aren't you the one with the HF
oscillating multi-tool that does it all? And the guy that makes
blades for it to save three bucks? How is it that you don't know
about the well advertised scraping function and blades for the multi-
tool?

Heh!

I TRIED my HF Multifunction Miracle Tool. It was like cutting a titanium
ingot with a butter knife! Oh, it would have worked. Eventually. But I had
about 200 sq ft to do at three minutes per tile. I despaired. I wept. I
thought I'd just thinset OVER the goddamn stick-on stuff. Then I remembered
seeing the scraper blade at Home Depot.

Zip to the store. Zip back. Zip went the tile. Just call me Zippy!

And, Mr SmartyPants, I didn't re-tooth my HF Multifunction Miracle Tool
blade to save three bucks, I did it to save a 22-mile round trip to the HF
store in order to finish a twenty-minute job.

'Course saving three bucks WAS a plus...