Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wood screws

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:16:26 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

1st. Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source in the world. It's
barely a step up from all of us in this newsgroup spouting off our
opinions, old wives tales, and stuff we heard a guy tell us that his
brother-in-laws' buddy's dad told him. (However, for the sake of
this discussion, I will stipulate that this page is 100% accurate.)

True, but if you don't like any information you get here, or the web,
exactly why is it that you waste your time here? If it's 100%
accurate, exactly what is your beef?

Well - if you agree with Mike by your statement that what he says is true,
then why do you follow on with yrour question for his presence here? If
what he says is true - then it is true. Why ask him why he's here?

Well, camming out of a Phillips driver has been pretty effective at
stripping the heads for me. Works when dumb techs try Phillips
drivers with Pozidriv screws, too. ;-)

Well - from my experience, Phillips heads have performed pretty well. Yup -
I've rounded out some heads, but that was usually from really cheap screws.
I sure cannot state that the Phillips head design is an inferior design, and
I've been driving screws for a lot of years.

--

-Mike-