Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone knows a website where I can buy grill components

Ignoramus18332 wrote:

I can weld iron pieces too. What I am not sure how to do is how to
make a good grill that grills stuff correctly, instead of smoking too
much/heating food unevenly/etc.

The first thing is to decide what you want as the end result.
Do you want BBQ where you take large chunks of meant and cook them
slowly over time, OR do you want a grill where you can toss a 1" thick
steak and a couple burgers and have them done in a few minutes?

While you can build a rig that will do both, they are entirely different
systems.

For the first you want an indirect heat source that generates an even
heat over a long period.
For the second you want an even direct heat source at a higher temperature.

Doing both at the same time is not possible on one grill. You could
build a unit that does both but you will need to determine the design first.

So What is the result you wish for?

--
Steve W.