Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Aldi Specials

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 15:05:04 -0700 (PDT), Bolted wrote:

On Jul 4, 4:53*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
They have some quite interesting stuff on the 7th of this month.

Diamond core drill with bits and pieces for 29.99

After all the hype on here, I succumbed to some Aldi diamond disks.
They are crap. I spent hours hacking away at some concrete with a
(then new) big grinder, which I then replaced with a decent Marcrist
blade. Cutting was at least 10 times as quick. Probably a bit
cheaper per amount cut going the Aldi route, but life really is much
too short especially with all that noise and dust around.

Their digi calipers on the other hand are a fine bargain, so that
isn't to dismiss all of it.

The caliper is the best tool I've bought recently. No more looking for the
+3 specs to read a vernier scale, so I use it a lot more.
The cell doesn't last all that long so I've just had half a dozen from
7DayShop so that I don't run out at a crucial moment.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away