Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Has anyone in the group ever had to verify your signature on a credit card receipt?

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I'm referring to purchases made at the cash register, not at unattended
card readers. One of the many things I do is servicing point of sale
systems at retail stores where there are a lot of card readers that are
often called pen pads because of the touch screen where you can sign
your name with the special pen. I'm very wary of outdoor ATM machines
that are easily tampered with.

TDD

That is the reason I only use bank ATMs. I figure (1) security is
probably better so the chances of a skimmer are much less and (2). they
will be very anxious to keep me happy so their lousy security doesn't
get out.