Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default R8 Collet key replacemnt in Bridgeport

On 4 Jul 2011 02:05:03 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

I was one of three working on replacing the R8 collet key in a
Bridgeport belonging to a friend.

I was in a position to take lots of photos (and mostly offer
suggestions), so I've built a web page showing the process.

http://www.d-and-d.com/PROJECTS/Bridgeport-collet-key/index.html

I opted to not use names in the page to maximize privacy.

The "Poultry Pilferer" refers to his favorite saying "There is
no chicken better than a stolen chicken." when selling parts and
equipment from his previous employer. (He's retired, and the employer
is using him to move surplus equipment both locally and on eBay as they
shift to new projects.)

Enjoy,
DoN.

Nicely done!!

Gunner, who has replaced several dozen of those pins

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.