Preston Andreas

Default cabinet case material - uv plywood

If it is already prefinished it would be hard to putty holes and stain and
finish anywhere the saw blade splintered the edge. Also, sanding a face
frame flush with the carcase would be impossible. If you were doing
frameless cabinets and used a really good blade, being careful to cut good
side up, it might not be bad. Especially if you aren't set up for
finishing. You would still have to finish the taped edges, hoping the heat
doesn't affect the finish. Be careful of the cost difference.

Preston

"Wyatt Wright" wrote in message
om...
I'm considering doing my own kitchen cabinets. One of the things that
has me worried (quality and time) is putting a good, durable finish on
everything. Anybody ever use this stuff?

http://www.columbiaforestproducts.co...ardply/ph.html

This it the best thing that I have found to meet my requirements for
case work. I don't mind finishing the face frame, doors, and drawers
with a HVLP, but I don't want to have to finish the case interiors.

I haven't found a distributor yet so I have no idea on the cost. It
would be really cool if this stuff came already cut to standard
widths. Can anybody discuss their experiences with this stuff?

Thanks.