Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Search warrants for code violations?

"AngryOldWhiteGuy" wrote

What's the problem with vigorous code enforcement?? In a lot of places,
the code specifics a minimum standard that's below what most people like
to see in their neighborhoods - and besides, if ya don't like the code,
don't move there - then again, if you one of those guys that likes his car
up on blocks for months at a time on a driveway stained by oil and
transmission fluid, with the car's engine suspended from a tree in the
front yard, well then, yeah, I guess you'd be against code enforcement.

I don't think we are against code enforcement, but warrant issued for
suspicion can easily be abused. I think the codes are good, but I don't
want some inspector getting suspicious and obtaining a warrant because my
lawn seems too long so he suspects faulty wiring.

This is power than can be easily abused.