Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing fascia board and gutter: how hard?

On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 05:16:16 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Jul 2, 6:40*pm, Joe wrote:
On Jul 2, 9:36*am, woger151 wrote:

The fascia board on our addition is rotting out. *How hard is it to
replace that and the gutter?

In this particular case, the gutter isn't too far off the ground
(maybe 7 or 8 feet). *It's not all that long, maybe 12-15 feet.

I'm pretty handy, but not all that experienced.

Easy done if you build up a low walkway and have help. Two people are
ideal for handling long pieces of lumber which you will need. Current
good building practice is to use 2 x 6 fascia for strength and
endurance.

Say what? I've never seen a 2 by used for fascia. For endurance
I would use 1" in vinyl.

Sure, a 1x isn't much to hang a gutter on.