Posted to alt.home.repair
AngryOldWhiteGuy AngryOldWhiteGuy is offline

Default Search warrants for code violations?

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .

"HeyBub" wrote in message
"[VIRGINIA] The City of Lynchburg is trying to give the planning
commission (building permits, code enforcement, etc.) the ability to
issue search warrants if they suspect "code" violations."

What's the problem with vigorous code enforcement?? In a lot of places, the
code specifics a minimum standard that's below what most people like to see
in their neighborhoods - and besides, if ya don't like the code, don't move
there - then again, if you one of those guys that likes his car up on blocks
for months at a time on a driveway stained by oil and transmission fluid,
with the car's engine suspended from a tree in the front yard, well then,
yeah, I guess you'd be against code enforcement.

I think the code enforcement guys where I live do a great job - they are
professional, and, if anything, they bend over backwards to give the
offender the benefit of the doubt and plenty of time to correct the
deficiency.